Week 5: Collaborating through Technology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assessment 2 Topic

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Assessment 2 Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: Assessment 2 Topic

Post by Jade Smith Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:19 pm

I think the table was just to show us a rough idea of how to get the info. So long as everyone contributes I don't think it matters Wink
** one of the assessment criteria says credibility of online resources?? Does that mean we quote where we got our info from on our era or is the last slide a list of websites used and visited??

Jade Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by zealvd Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Group 1 is doing music also by the looks of their Group Wiki but they're looking at their sub-topics as music genres and maybe still guessing what they're going to do.

Anyway, Jacqui wrote back about the final cut of the presentation. She is advising against 1 person putting it all together more towards time constraints and work involved for that one person. So this part is going to come down to: What online tool we're going to use and Are we going to give it to one person or put it all together individually

What are we going to be more comfortable with?

Jacqui said "it would be hard for one person to collate it all and be responsible for the editing." I think if we keep communication quite open and maybe put our "finals" somewhere (like here) we can help each other edit the final text to try and help with the time constraints. I think we should have all the written documentation ready to put together between the 6th and 12th of May so that 13th to the 19th can be for putting the presentation together and testing.

zealvd

Back to top Go down

Post by zealvd Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Oh and remember we all have our "reflection" part of the assignment to do as well...

zealvd

Back to top Go down

Post by zealvd Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:11 pm

OK so.... http://www.slideshare.net uploads PDF and Word Document files into a slideshow presentation.

I suggest we do the following:

Create a 2 page word document
Have the orientation in "landscape"
Organize your 2 pages so that it has your content and any images in the layout you want. Then we can have 1 person put all the word documents together into one file to then upload it into the slide show presentation.

This may be the easiest way of collaborating all the information, as well as all contributing to the final look to the product.

Page 1 needs to consist of your intro into the Musical Decade + Popular bands and page 2 should have Genres + Influence

Title them up for now (at least to help with drafting etc) and then have your written
========================================

ie:
Popular Bands of the 90's
The Spice Girls are a British pop girl group formed in 1994. The group consists of five members, who each later adopted nicknames initially ascribed to them

========================================

That way whoever we give all or doc files too can separate/edit things **if** required. We can make a decision to either keep or remove headings towards final cut of the project.

How does this sound?... well.... read

zealvd

Back to top Go down

Post by zealvd Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:18 pm

And you get multiple posts from me when I've been away from a week... Sorry about my "spam" just reading through a lot of the other things that are going on... Shane and Jade... you guys wanna go with Prezi? The same doc suggestion can come into play with that as well as it can import PDFs into the SlideShow presentation.

zealvd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Smith Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:43 am

I like the idea of slide share Smile
Can I email someone mine to see if I am on the right track please??

Jade Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by zealvd Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:18 pm

You could attach and send it to all of us and we can all give you feedback. I'll probably be a bit AFK until Sunday.

I also emailed Jacqui about Chole as it doesn't seem any of us have had a response from her. So we'll continue as planned and if Chloe is in touch she can research the last decade.

Smile

zealvd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Smith Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi everyone,
have just been reading the new handout about the assessment task and its says we need a slide that has our references on it and that it doesn't count in our word count. Its to show that we have used credible, by using social media sites and academic articles.
From what i can see our last slide will need to be our references, so we must remember to keep a note of the ones used Smile
We also need to include that chat (from week 5) of our topic, sub topics and who is researching what in our final ??

Jade Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum