Week 5: Collaborating through Technology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assessment 2 Topic

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Assessment 2 Topic Empty Assessment 2 Topic

Post by Shane Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Ok, so we'll use this thread to talk about our topic for assessment 2. So first off what topic do we want to do it on?

Shane
Admin

https://week5collaboratin.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Assessment 2 Topic Empty Re: Assessment 2 Topic

Post by Jade Smith Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:53 am

Hi Shane ignore my email as clearly I can respond now (its amazing what you can do when u actually log in) lol very blond, so sorry.
Is there something we all have a common interest in eg. afl football, rugby, movies???
Jade

Jade Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Smith Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:07 pm

If we did movies we could do:

Movies
Directors. Actors. ??? ?????
Horror
Comedy
Romantic
Thriller

Just a thought, happy too see anyone's suggestions Smile

Jade Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Movies is good who doesn't like movies, or maybe music/bands or something to do with food.

Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zealvd Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:37 pm

I was thinking food as well but that's because I have a chef friend and we were just talking about food things.

We also need to think about the "informational" factor so whilst topic is good I think there needs to be a theme within that.

ie: if looking at movies: The wins and losses of remakes
for food : What do customer's look for when dining out

Or at least that's my take on the assignment. When reading through I instantly though to the ABC's -> Beast File - Food Waste (HUNGRY BEAST)

I can't post the YouTube link :/

zealvd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Smith Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:22 am

Food could be good, happy with whatever guys Smile

Jade Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by zealvd Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:02 am

Hi Guys,

I’m sorry that this is a bit long, and it’s also on the message board Shane created but I typically only study 3 or 4 days a week and I don’t want my time constraints to break everyone else’s’ enthusiasm.

I’ve been going over the assignment in a bit more to see what we need to be able to create.

Ultimately our main theme needs to be branched into sub-topics. We will each work on our sub-topic and bring this information together. We’ll also need an intro and a conclusion of all the information we gather in the presentation.

Our limit of words is ~1000 so with an intro and conclusions we’re probably looking around 200 words per sub-topic (per person).

There’s no limit on slides or presentation time so this looks like it might be a bit versatile in that regards. We will need to look at storyboarding to ensure that we’re keeping our design constant throughout the presentation (we can talk about this bit later in the design process).

Topic wise we have:
Movies
Sub-topics > Movie themes + directors/actors

Music/bands
Sub-topics > Popular Culture
Sub-topics > History of music

Food
Sub-topics > Cuisine

Copyright
Sub-topics > Digital/Movies music
Sub-topics > History of Copyright in the digital world

It would be great to get a collective agreement on topic and Sub-Topics and we shouldn’t leave it to much longer. This also means that we each need to come up with which Sub-Topics we want to investigate and ensure that all sub-topics link to each other nicely.

We probably have 2 options on how to present our information, 1: a straight out slide presentation or 2: an animated presentation (powtoon). But either way whatever style/online solution we select it needs to be easy for everyone involved.

I’m a bit unsure at this point if we can give the info to one person who then creates the online presentation. I’m thinking that we each need to add our sub-topic information to the online presentation to make it a whole. What do you think?

The Group Work Protocol’s Jodie attached in her “final groups” discussion post looks like something we should try and integrate into the organisation/time lines of what we’re creating. If we’re allowed to elect one person to create the presentation from our collaborative information, our time lines will need to be a bit different to give that person time to build the presentation.
I also think it would be ideal for us to try and collaborate in a live group discussion, either through FB or Skype, so we can keep each other updated on where we are and ask questions if needed (only once a fortnight or week).

I think we should try and have most, if not all, of this completed by May the 13th so that the final product can go under review/testing/spelling grammar checks (my last assignment went under 5 reviews and edits before I submitted it).

zealvd

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:37 am

I agree I'm thinking the history of music would be a good subject to choose. Maybe we could each do a decade in music history. I'm thinking the 80's just coz i love that decade in music. Glam Rock!!

Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Smith Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:02 am

I am in total agreeance and thank u Bobbie for bringing up time constraints etc, as I feel in the sanme boat as I can only study 3 times a week also. I actually emailed Jackie worried I would let u all down as I am finding the assignment daunting and my technological skills are pretty ordinary.
Love the idea if music, think we should maybe just say its a goer so we can start investigating.
Does anyone actually know what the content needs to be. I am confused as to what it is I need to find??
Cheers

Jade Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Smith Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:36 am

I could be completely off the mark so if I am please let me know Smile
If we do History of Music and we each pick an era (e.g. 60's, 70's, 80's 'shane has dibbs this one lol' & 90's) and then sub topics could be ( artists, genres, instruments .......) couldn't think of anymore?
Is that sort of waht we are thinking?? Also if it is once we decide, how much info do we gather is it 200-250 words each?
Sorry for the questions, I did email Jacqui but waiting for a reply Smile

Jade Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by JodieK Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:25 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply... I am happy with History of Music as our Topic Smile

I bags 60's if that's we are doing Smile

Jodie

JodieK

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Smith Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:21 pm

i am happy to do 70's Smile

Jade Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:35 pm

So we're saying that the topic will be History of Music. We're then choosing an era of music and then our subtopic topic will be something like bands, artists, genres. Do we need to choose more than one subtopic?

Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zealvd Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 pm

BAGS 50's!!!!
Wouldn't the era be the sub-topic? Music is the Theme.

It would be good to develop a sub-sub-topic for our discussions though which are the same for each of us.

ie: influence of the genres (for that time ie: Blues and Jazz influenced the style of the 50's which then influenced the style of 60's etc) > Popular bands of the time > How it influence's music today ??

zealvd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Smith Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 pm

Sorry guys, please don's think i am an idio, just trying to get my head around this? Is it something like this??

History of Music
Top selling artists Genre of that time Most popular group ???
50’s
60’s
70‘s
80’s

Jade Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:34 am

I think we have our main topic as music and sub topics as a certain decade of music. Each Theme could be effect on popular culture, bands, genres and instruments. I think effect on popular culture is a big one, coz we can analyse musics effect on people during these decades. Such as Blues/rock during the 1950s.

Shane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zealvd Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:09 pm

I'd suggest we look at it from a "heading" point of view.

So research and write about:

Intro to the Music Decade you've selected
Just introduce your topic

Popular Bands
ie: 90's SPICE GIRLS!!! and those other boy bands

Genres
ie: 80's really started to show punk rock, pop, gothic rock (or whatever Nina Hagen fits into)

Effect/influence on popular culture/effect on the decade
ie: For 70's you could look a bit into the political influence

zealvd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Smith Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:40 pm

I think u have hot the nail on the head.
Breaking it down into those areas is great and gives us all a clear idea of what to research. GREAT JOB!

Has anyone looked at the assessment for this week? I had a look at a few of those sites but havn't had experience with any of them. Has anyone???
There were a couple that looked good but a few that were a bit dodgy i though.

To clarify is it 200-250 words from each of us on our era, incorporating those sub headings into it?
Feels like we getting somewhere Smile

Jade Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Smith Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Shane i just saw your post on the blackboard, glad u like Prezi too Smile

Jade Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by JodieK Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Bobbie, that's perfect, thanks for outlining that for us - I feel like I haven't helped much, so I apologise...

Jade, I've never used any online presentation tools before... I am majoring in accounting and all i'm interested in is numbers tongue So I haven't really needed to use them before... So i'm a bit hopeless when it comes to things like that... I will help where possible but technology/internet just isn't my thing... For example, I only just realised there was a page 2 in this topic, OMG...

JodieK

Back to top Go down

Post by zealvd Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Has Chloe responded to anyone?

zealvd

Back to top Go down

Post by JodieK Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:17 pm

I haven't heard from her, I will contact her now...

JodieK

Back to top Go down

Post by zealvd Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:18 pm

ooo Jacqui just posted a bit more info up on blackboard

wrote:The word count is 1000 words per group. So, you need to divide this up amongst your group members. The assignment brief gives the word count as 1000 words 'or equivalent', e.g.:

- 10-15 pages of an online interactive flipbook (which includes images or video)

- 3-4 minutes of audio/video

- 20 slides

You will need to include an introduction to your presentation to outline the topic.

zealvd

Back to top Go down

Post by JodieK Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:26 pm

I have emailed Chloe the link to our forum and said if she has any troubles just to ask

JodieK

Back to top Go down

Post by JodieK Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi Guys,

I just had a look at Jacqui's post in the BB for "Week 5" "Activity 2 - Topics for Assessment 2" and she has a table - should we be following that? I was going to post it in here but it won't paste the table... And then we need to fill out the table in the Group Wiki section...

JodieK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum